Managing diabetes is not easy but it is worth it. At Men’s Vitality Center, we pride ourselves on providing quality men’s health services in Tempe and providing four steps to manage your diabetes for life.
- Learn About Diabetes – 3 Main Types
- Type 1 Diabetes – Your body does not make insulin. This is a problem because you need insulin to take the sugar from the foods you eat and turn it into energy for your body. You need to take insulin every day to live.
- Type 2 Diabetes – Your body does not make or use insulin well. You may need to take pills or insulin to help control your diabetes. Type 2 is the most common type of diabetes.
- Gestational Diabetes – Some women get this kind of diabetes when they are pregnant. Most of the time, it goes away after the baby is born. However, even if it goes away, these women and their children have a greater chance of getting diabetes later in life.
- Know Your Diabetes ABCs
- Talk to our health care team and learn how to manage your A1C, Blood pressure, and Cholesterol. This can help lower your chances of having a heart attack, stroke, or other diabetes problems.
- Learn How To Live With Diabetes
- It is common to feel overwhelmed, sad, or angry when you are living with diabetes. You may know the steps you should take to stay healthy, but have trouble sticking with your plan over time. Learning ways to lower stress, asking for help, eating well, staying active and knowing what to do every day are all ways to cope with diabetes.
- Get Regular Care To Stay Healthy
- See our health care team at least twice a year to find and treat any problems early.
Men’s Vitality Center is committed to providing friendly and quality men’s health care in Tempe for men of all ages. It is our mission to provide the best specific care, with an office visit that is comfortable, relaxed and respectful of your demanding schedule.