It’s time to take charge of your health and your life!
There’s nothing easy about losing weight, and there’s certainly nothing easy about doing it on your own. At Men’s Vitality Center in Tempe, we can help you lose unwanted pounds and take back your health with our unique weight loss programs for men. After a physical evaluation from one of our men’s health specialists, we will be able to determine which of our weight loss programs will be the most effective for you. We have programs that involve medical weight loss as well as traditional weight loss techniques, and no matter which one we prescribe, we’ll do everything we can to help you lose weight and feel your best.
The Benefits of Weight Loss For Men
Recent studies from Harvard University suggest that extra weight and obesity can take an unfavorable toll on men’s hormones, sexuality, and prostate health. These findings indicate that the more weight you gain, the less testosterone your body produces. The less testosterone and more body fat you have, the more likely you are to suffer from the following symptoms:
- Depression and anxiety: Many mental health issues are caused by low testosterone. Speak with your men’s health provider if you have been feeling down, stressed, or simply unlike yourself.
- Chronic fatigue and insomnia: Low testosterone levels can make it difficult to fall and stay asleep. If you struggle with insomnia, your testosterone levels may be to blame.
- Difficulty concentrating: Low testosterone can cause mental fog and make it difficult to sustain concentration.
- Sexual dysfunction: Men who are overweight also experience more issues with erectile dysfunction. Weight loss for men can improve symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Fertility: Obesity and excess weight gain can decrease your sperm count and your sperm motility, which can lead to infertility and even lower testosterone levels.
- Kidney stones: Not only are you already twice as likely to get kidney stones simply because you’re a man, but that extra body weight increases your chances even more! Anyone who has had kidney stones will tell you that the difficulty of losing weight is nothing compared to dealing with kidney stones!
- Cancer: Like a dark cloud that hangs over aging men, cancer is a real threat to all men — even those who aren’t overweight. Research from all over the world concludes that extra body fat increases men’s already-high chances of developing prostate cancer. Moreover, overweight men are at an elevated risk of numerous other forms of cancer.
Do something good for yourself and your body, while doing something for your loved ones, too. If you’re interested in learning more about our state-of-the-art weight loss programs, contact the professionals at Men’s Vitality Center in Tempe today. We offer a variety of beneficial and preventative health care services for men, including diabetes management and cholesterol management, and every member of our staff is dedicated to helping you live a healthy life!